Sir Elton John sparks iPad 2 rumours

0 comments
Posted on February 11th, 2011 Liz G

apple ipad 2 boxes 360x247 Sir Elton John sparks iPad 2 rumours at laptopshop.co.ukSir Elton John is still standing despite sparking media frenzy after allegedly leaking date and video-calling iPad 2 details.

The pop legend has been talking about the incoming tablet in various interviews to promote his new film project Gnomeo and Juliette.

He’d told BBC Breakfast that he was looking forward to video-calling his new son from an iPad that he intends to get in April.

Sir Elton had previously told The Telegraph: “I don’t have a phone, I don’t have a computer, I don’t have an iPad and I don’t have an iPod. But this is going to be a problem for me because they’re coming out with a Skype iPad in April and I’ve got to get one because I want to see my son when I’m not there – I’ll have to enter the world of technology.”

While some technology journalists are all a dither about the revelations, others quite sensibly have predicted that Sir Elton is not privy to Cupertino’s secrets but rather is merely anticipating Face Time and an April release for the tablet.

It is unlikely that the iPad 2 will have stand-alone video calling capabilities but applications, like Skype and front-facing video camera, will enable the functionality.

And if he has unwittingly leaked information about the next generation iPad or sparked false rumours, will an apology be forthcoming? After all, sorry seems to be the hardest word sometimes…

Let us know if you can think of any more Sir Elton John related puns for this story using the comments box below!


View the original article here

Sharing is sexy

Related posts

0 comments for this post

Post a Comment